MY PAGES:


Saturday, March 26, 2011

PICTURE SHOW: ST. PATTY'S DAY IN VA


First off, believe it or not I am posting this blog while riding on the Acela Express Amtrak train from D.C. headed towards Penn Station in NYC...oh the wonders of modern technology! :)

Anywho, I realize this is a wee bit late, but I hope you all had a very Happy St. Patty's Day!

I'm not Irish, but growing up, my parents always cooked a yummy, traditional St. Patty's Day dinner with corn beef, new potatoes, cabbage and horshradish cream died green, of course! We even colored my nephew's milk green for fun! :)

Followed by blarnie stones for desert, which are chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow icing and shredded coconut died green sprinkled on top...we made a few with green sprinkles for those who don't like coconut, as seen below!

That said, I haven't been home for it in some time, but this year my parents and I were at my older sister, brother-in-law and nephews home in VA on our cross country road trip, and we, along with my uncle who lives outside D.C., all celebrated with the traditional dinner...it was delish! :)

Since many of you said you enjoy my picture show adventures, below are some pictures from our fun festivities for your viewing pleasure!

Also, my youngest nephew just LOVES, and I do mean loves, to clean! He has since he was about 2 years old and even vacuums, believe it or not! So, here he is cleaning and then being his silly self sporting one of the green St. Patty's Day wigs at the end of the night! :)

Hopefully, that was full of a little silly fun for you...hehe! I'll be back on Monday with another Look 4 Less and hope you all have a Super Sunday!


Current Giveaway: You still have a chance to enter the Blondie's Shop notecard set of your choice giveaway!

14 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing these little snippets of your life... your cuppies look yummy!

    Happy weekend, sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you all are so cute! I love the festive hats:-)

    We are part Irish, but pretty much no big party like yours, but the hubby and I do have corned beef and a guiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Looks like so much fun! I actually am Irish, but this year, I just wore green! I didn't have anyone else to share a St. Patty's Day dinner with so I didn't make one! (Corned beef and cabbage for days and days? no thanks!)

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pics are SO cute!! What a sweet family you have! :) What part of VA are you from? My husband plays baseball (I think I told you that), and we may be moving to Norfolk or Baltimore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liesl,can I have one the cuttie cupcake too LOL ??? :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Everything looks so good! You guys are the cutest little party people ever! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. awe too cute. those cupcakes look delicious!!

    i love how big you celebrate. my uncle pat was born on st. patty's day so our family tends to do a little party for him, but nothing really traditionally irish.

    next year, i am going to throw a little party like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love those flowers! so cute and fresh.

    and how cute is your nephew?! lol i love that last picture of him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like it was so much fun! The food looks delicious! Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute and so much fun! You went all out girl- i know hubby wishes i would do that because he thinks it is "his" holiday since his name is patrick and he has an irish background! lOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, you all look so adorable and the food looks delicious! I bet you had a blast, sweetie
    Happy Monday
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fantastic st. patty's day!! so fun to read about your celebrations and recipes!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks so fun! Your family is adorable and looks so happy just like you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! Holidays are so nice for being with family - and the cupcakes look lovely. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt