MY PAGES:


Wednesday, July 13, 2016

LIFE: "THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN" - AN UPDATE, TRAVELS, SONG AND MORE


Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Tomorrow, tomorrow . . . oh wait, I'm not performing in "Annie," Ha!   Back to reality.

In just over 12 hours, I'll have set out on yet another cross-country road trip, and oh how I love a good road trip!  I'll be stopping in different cities along the way, revisiting some, celebrating my niece's 1st birthday and seeing friends, many of whom I haven't seen in years, and family along the way.  

I'll be spending time in Ohio, Wisconsin, South Dakota and Wyoming before getting to Aspen, Colorado, a place I've always wanted to visit.  My whole family and I have rented a home there for 2 weeks, and I think it might quickly become one of the highlights of the year for me, definitely the summer.

After quality downtime in Aspen, I'll be in Park City, Utah before arriving in Los Angeles, California aka LA LA Land.  It will be my first time in LA since I moved from there, back to NYC, at the end of 2011.  Hard to believe that that much time has passed, and I think it's going to be a very bitter-sweet visit for me.

Then, I'll be spending time with my college friend in Arizona and sister, brother-in-law, nephew and niece in New Mexico.  Followed by adventures in Texas, Oklahoma, Nashville, Tennessee and more, including other locations that call to me en route.

My life continues to be a culmination of new chapters, which I'm hoping, finally, will lead me onto the path I'm meant to be, but only time will tell.  In the meantime, I'm NOT going to wait, but instead do things I've always wanted, push pesky fear aside and fully live in each and every moment.
"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." - Henry David Thoreau

Flower Dress: Forever 21 = $22.80  /  14k Gold Filled Bars NecklaceIllusy = $28


This truly is the perfect time for me to go on an adventure, meet new people, spend quality time with family and friends, discover new spots, and perhaps even find the next city to move to, and call home, as early as this fall.  I can't sit and wait for things to come to me, I have to be out there to make it happen!

Ultimately, I'm planning to mark a few things off my Ladder List, my friend's and my more uplifting version of a Bucket List.  I'll be documenting the whole thing daily on my Instagram, as well as here on my blog in my relatively new Travel Diary feature.

I'm looking forward to sharing this new chapter with each of you.  Many of you have so kindly been with me since 2009 when I randomly started this blog, late one night, while sitting in front of my laptop and bedroom window in Burbank, CA.  

This was all prior to my life first taking one of many unforeseen detours, which I can at least say, looking back, made me stronger.  As much as I wouldn't like to ever relive that time, I'm somewhat thankful it happened.  I needed it to give me that strength, find my voice, no matter how small, and remind me to trust instincts and follow my heart.

So, ready or not, I'm coming for you world, adventure, unplanned moments and love that wholeheartedly choses me, without question, and lasts a lifetime because I believe it's out there, somewhere. 

"The Future Is Unwritten" Travel Journal by Mara-Mi: TJ Maxx = $4.99


"Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield
. . . An oldie, but a goodie.

I am unwritten
Can't read my mind
I'm undefined
I'm just beginning
The pen's in my hand
Ending unplanned
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
Oh, oh, oh
I break tradition
Sometimes my tries are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes
But I can't live that way
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten
Oh, yeah, yeah

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

6 comments :

  1. Sounds the horns.... Adventures await!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liesl, I wish you luck on your road trip. It's something I've always wanted to do! But I haven't had the time or money.... Yet. One of these days! Definitely on my bucket list!!
    I've been following your blog for years, and I think you're definitely a stronger person from all the experiences you've gone through in your life. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.

    You've definitely encouraged me to go out there, and just live life to its fullest! Life is too short not to try and enjoy every second of it. Xoxo

    PS I'll be following along on Instagram!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an incredibly sweet, kind and thoughtful message, Krystal, thank you!

      I can't tell you how much your words, and the time you took to stop by and leave a comment, mean to me! <3 I, too, believe things happen for a reason and it's readers like you, who have become friends from afar, who inspire me and keep me going...together we really can make the most of each moment! :)

      BIG hugs to you!!!
      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Liesl! I live in Park City! How long are you going to be there because I'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Whitney! I'll be seeing my aunt and uncle in Park City for dinner, but if I 'm going to get there early with some time, I'd love to see you, too, perhaps for a quick coffee or drink and will let you know in advance! 😊

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt