MY PAGES:


Saturday, September 29, 2012

SATURDAY SAYINGS: AN OPEN LETTER TO TODAY


Dear Today,

I didn't want to let you go by without acknowledgement, but I'll do my best to keep it short and simple.

I know that at one time, you and I were going to share a once in a lifetime experience today. Filled with many special and memorable moments, moments that all little girls dream of on some level, and it would be the rather giant elephant in the room if we both ignored it.  So, I have chosen to openly write you, since I express myself better that way.

Your day, though special in your own way, wasn't meant to be "my day," too. However, I have no doubt that you are someone else's day out there, which makes you just as important to them, as you were going to be to me.

Remember, this was my choice, a choice I do not regret, but rather embrace. A choice that turned my life around, and left me facing a new direction, a direction I was meant to be going, though it took some time to discover.

Please know that I do not hold bitterness towards you, but am instead thankful for you. You will forever hold a meaning of strength, honesty and possibility for which I am so grateful.

Just look at one of the magical autumn views that is in front of me...

(Picture taken by Liesl Ehardt using an iPhone 4s and run through a vintage filter.)

A view that for me is full of color, calm, warmth, love, hopefulness, and genuine happiness. 

All things I hope to feel one day on "my day," should it be in the cards for me. If it isn't, at least I know I had those feelings, and this very moment, with you, thank you.

Here's to "leaning forward" and all that is ahead for us both!

Lots of love, hugs and smiles,

12 comments :

  1. Amazing, love your words! Could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com Twitter:@shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea! I shall check out your blog as soon as I'm back from my trip! :)

      Delete
  2. Well-written, Liesl. I'm happy for you that you are so happy with the direction your life has taken in the short time I've known you in "blog land".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your support and kind words have meant so much, Patricia, thank you SO much!!! <3

      Delete
  3. I just love those vintage lenses, SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelsey, you always leave such sweet comments...I love the filters too! :)

      Delete
  4. Loved this idea!!! And love the letter you wrote...truly beautiful =)

    xoRosie
    http://teacupsanddresses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girl who lived next door for 15+ yearsOctober 2, 2012 at 12:11 AM

    Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such perfect words for an autumn day - thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt