MY PAGES:


Saturday, April 2, 2016

SATURDAY SAYINGS: A REMINDER, REFLECTION, LIFE, DIRECTION AND HOPE


Happy Saturday, Blogland!

This morning, I had a number of comments left on a Saturday Sayings post I did this past summer titled, Life, Direction, Decisions and Finding True Happiness.  

Reading them remind me that there are people out there who stumble upon my little space in blogland and onto posts, from months or even years ago, to which they relate, find a little inspiration or comfort. 

Those moments remind me why it is I started my blog in the first place.  If you can reach or touch one person through something you write or share, I think that's enough reason to make it all worthwhile.  

That particular Saturday, I hadn't just posted quotes, but written an intro, did some reflecting, shared some words and thoughts along with my usual quotes.  

I re-read it this morning, after reading and responding to the new comments. A lot of what I wrote still pertains to where I am in my life today, exactly 8 months after I wrote the post, and transparency is still a key element.

I'm now in my mid-thirties and truth is, I'm still finding myself, what I'm supposed to be doing and where I'm supposed to be.  It is often said that "you live and you learn."  I believe this is true, but also think that with this notion we sometimes find ourselves confused or lost with what it teaches and reveals.

That said, not everything is supposed to make sense, but one thing to which you should always listen is your heart.  If something feels right or makes you happy, stay with that, follow that and do your best not to look too far down the line, over-think or question it . . . just be.

Speaking of, I stumbled upon an article that asks, What does it mean to just be?  It references a quote by the philosopher Freidrich Nietzsche who said . . .

"Man has no ears for that to which experience has given him no access."  

It goes on to explain how "sometimes you just can’t process an idea, because you don’t have the mental tools or reference points to make sense of it."

Ultimately, we need to trust in the process and remember that we are all human.  It's not all supposed to be clear and that's okay, it's part of the adventure and life's journey.

Something I hold today as I write this, which I'm not sure I fully had 8 months ago, is a better understanding of why things happened in the past as they did and, most important, hope.  

It's a small word, but holds a lot of power, strength and inspiration.  It can come in the form of a person, a place, a word, a thing, but in whatever form it appears, be thankful and feel the comfort it brings.

For now, I'll leave you with those thoughts and these inspirational quotes.  Enjoy, and here's to hope! 


(image)

(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)

  CURRENT GIVEAWAY:  A Pair of Givenche Designer Sunglasses  



0 Colorful Comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt