Saturday, August 28, 2010
Hello, ladies...and gentleman!
First, I want to wish my lovely little sister a very Happy Birthday!!! I hope it is as wonderful and fun as she is...I miss and love you, Foofy Foofy aka my nickname for her! :)
Second, I haven't done a healthy, easy to make recipe post in awhile and many of you said you wanted to see more. So, I thought I would post a sweeter treat this time!
When I came across sugar-free, fat-free cheesecake pudding, I thought I would buy it and try it since I like cheesecake in general. Then, while staring at the box in my kitchen cabinet, I realized I had a box of low-fat graham crackers sitting behind my pudding boxes and ta-da...the Guiltless Cheesecake-esque Squares were crafted and created in my mind and kitchen! :)
What you need:
Fat-free, Sugar-free Cheesecake Jell-O Pudding
Low-fat Graham Crackers
Putting it together:
• Make your pudding by following directions on the box.
• Break graham crackers into squares, but splitting each rectangular cracker in half, they usually have perforation marks, which make this easy.
• Place the squares in the bottom a lasagna type baking pan or dish.
• Pour already made cheesecake pudding over the top of the graham crackers and spread evenly, feel free to make this as thick or thin of a layer as you wish, but this will vary the amount of squares you make...but you can always double or triple the recipe by making multiple boxes of pudding.
• Place the pan in the freezer till frozen and solid.
• Remove from the freezer and sprinkle an even amount of cinnamon over the top.
• Slice into the now frozen cheesecake pudding to separate into individual squares.
• Place on a plate, serve and enjoy...divine cold, which makes it perfect!
These are super simple, easy to make, very affordable and rather kind to your figure as well! ;)
Now, I will admit that the cheesecake pudding doesn't taste exactly like cheesecake, but I figured as much seeing that it was fat-free and sugar free...hehe...but it still has a hint of that taste and is quite lovely with graham crackers, which makes for a rather tasty and healthy treat!
Enjoy and let me know what you think if you give them a try! Feel free to even create your own twist on the above and send me a pic...I'd love to see what you make and create!
Side Note: Sunday, August 29th is the last day to enter my 100 Fabulous Followers Giveaway if you are interested! :)