MY PAGES:


Monday, April 15, 2013

GET CRAFTY: DIY CLUTCH ORGANIZER USING KITCHEN LID RACK


Happy Monday, Blogland!

For those of you in the US, today is Tax Day, so, be sure your taxes are postmarked! :)

A midst my move to New York City, while out and about shopping for things I needed for my new place, I stumbled upon a Lid Rack in the kitchen aisle at Target for about $6.99 each.

For some reason, and maybe because I don't cook...hehe...I immediately thought...

Why couldn't I put my clutches in it instead, to keep them organized
and standing upright in my closet?

So, I purchased one to test out my little idea, and sure enough it worked perfectly!  Love it when I try to get crafty and it actually works! :)  

It was too simple and affordable not to share with all of you, so, here is my little DIY Clutch Organizer!  Enjoy, and feel free to share your ideas in the comments below!
Lid Rack: Target - $6.99 (similar)

| POST UPDATE - AUGUST 2017 |


This Lid Rack is still available, but the price has increased to $7.99.  More important, I want to thank EVERYONE for all of the support on this post! 

I had NO idea this little idea, that I randomly had 4 years ago while in the kitchen aisle at Target, was going to go viral and be so useful to so many people around the world.

That, plus being published in Woman's World Magazine and featured on Good Housekeeping, Buzzfeed, Yahoo, MSN and many more wonderful sites, has made this an unexpected and lovely journey, Thank You!



16 comments :

  1. I have seen this on Pinterest and been wanting to do it! It looks so cute I am going to make this happen this week! I also may have already purchased a lid holder to do it and just never gotten around to it. I love the Threshold one you got! I <3 organization!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I hadn't seen it anywhere yet, but leave it to Pinterest! Love how many crafty people there are out there! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely, I just realized I never responded to this! :)

      Delete
  3. What an amazing idea!! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those clutches are fabulous!! love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, than you, Melissa, I hope you are doing well! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow this is such a fabulous idea.. I may have to see if I can get one off Internet..maybe ebay... Not seem those in the shops here... The annoying thing is we popped into Target in Tucson on our trip....hahaha yep a very me thing to do on vacation... Hahaha...
    You have beautiful clutches :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am only now realizing I never responded to all of these lovely comment, so sorry! This idea was one that randomly came to me and I had no idea it would take off like it did years later...but so glad it has been found to be so useful! I hope you are both doing well! :)

      Delete
  6. I turned a spare bedroom into a closet & am in awe with it. I was so excited to buy the lid rack as soon as I saw the post. It worked beautifully! Genius idea, thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I love that you were able to do make this work for you, and thank you so much for such a lovely comment, I am so sorry for only now seeing it to respond years later. Thank you again for stopping by as well! :)

      Delete
  7. WHERE do i get this in canada? :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry for just now seeing this, I hope you were able to find a lid rack and make this work! Also, I LOVE Canada!!! :)

      Delete
  8. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work.
    style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, and I'm so glad you enjoyed what you saw and hope you stop by again soon! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt