Friday, September 10, 2010
I was inspired to create my own Fall list after reading Ruth's entry titled "just enough time" on her lovely blog Ruth Writes.
Plus, I've been reading many wonderful blogs filled with lots of lists lately and I think it is important in order to help you visualize some of the things you want to accomplish and ultimately have something to work towards.
Actually, while reading those blogs I also happened to watch one of Jonathan Joly's videos, the lovely Anna Saccone's fiance from The Style Diet, whom I adore, on their entertaining daily YouTube vlog channel LeFloofTV, and he brought up an interesting topic in the vlog from Day 84.
Basically, he pointed out that when you are growing up and still in school, you have "external motivation," a format of each day and a goal/end to what you are working towards, etc.
However, once you are done with school, and out there "living life," you lose the "external motivation," and are left with "internal motivation," aka intrinsic motivation, which can contribute to one of the reasons why people might not achieve things they once wanted.
Therefore, it is almost nessisary to create a list/set of goals for yourself. They should be small, achievable goals with which you can build on as you you go, since setting out to do something too big, too quickly will almost destine you to fail.
All that said, I suppose I crossed paths with all those blogs and vlogs for a reason, and seeing that I am out of school and have been feeling a bit stagnant lately, I think making a Fall list is a must for me in order to help motivate me to have something achievable to work towards.
So, without further ado, here is my list...
• Enjoy my first Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.
• Discover more lovely blogs online and share them with my Supportive Subscribers.
• Burn lots and lots of warming cinnamon, pumpkin, autumn spice and vanilla candles.
• Bake my unexpected love some goodies.
• Find somewhere in LA where I can enjoy the leaves changing.
• Finish my massive cleaning, organizing and downsizing of things overhaul and donate
all usable and nice things to charity.
• Visit my adorable nephews.
• Book a another commercial or theatrical (TV/Film) role.
• Make strides forward in being able to give back to my extraordinary parents for all they have given, and continue to give, to me.
• Host another fun giveaway for my Fabulous Followers.
• Write a thoughtful "just because" letter and mail it to someone not expecting it.
• Start thinking about my Winter list and set of goals.
I hope you are all having a Fabulous Friday and enjoy your weekend...can't believe it is here again already! Looking forward to a couple gatherings with friends and lots more organizing!
Oh yes, and if you have a chance and haven't already checked out the lovely Anna from The Style Diet and Jonathan's from Le Floof TV blogs and videos, stop by, check them out and say, "Hi!" :)