MY PAGES:


Monday, June 6, 2011

LOOK OF THE DAY: BLUE TRIBAL PRINT TREND SUMMER MAXI DRESS


Recently, I sported the following outfit to work, so, these pictures were taken at a studio, which will help explain the background! Ha!=
Anywho, as many of you probably know, tribal prints are very in this season, and quite honestly I am not a huge fan of all of them, but I liked this dress, especially the cut, and colors it came in!
Not to mention the price was super affordable pass up, which is also why I purchased it in an aqua blue and sunset orange. Below is a closer look and complete price breakdown of each and every item!

PRICE BREAKDOWN

Blue Tribal Print Maxi Dress
Forever 21 - $24.80 (bought it in a sunset orange too)

Long White Layering Tank
Nordstrom Rack - $7.99

Silver Metallic Flip Flops
Marshall's - $12.99

Long Silver Beaded Necklace
Forever 21 - $5.80

Silver Bangles
Forever 21 - $4.80 (wearing 5 of set of 20)

Chunky Silver & Gray Faux Stone Ring
Charlotte Russe - $4.00

Silver Metallic Scarf
Forever 21 - $6.80

White Tote Bag
Forever 21 - $14.80
______________________________________

Total Look = 160.64






If you happen to like the dress, I bought it very recently at Forever 21, so, if you go quickly yours might still have them! Unfortunately, I haven't seen this exact one online yet, but you can always keep checking in case they add it, and they do the same dress in a different print online.
On a side note...
About 2 weeks ago, I started doing pilates again 5-7 days a week and am not only loving it, but feeling it too, which is the best! A couple years ago I tried it for the first time and enjoyed it far more than I expected since yoga wasn't really for me, but then dropped it.
However, the thing I noticed most was the longer, leaner look, or at least feel, and that my flexibility increased a lot! Plus, it just feels good to be healthy and I would love to tone up a bit, especially now that I'm getting older, for not only my wedding, but myself!
Do any of you do pilates or have any work out routines you enjoy and see working? If so, please share, I would love to hear about it and what works for you! :)
I hope your week is off to a great start so far and I'll be back on Wednesday for a really wonderful, touching and inspirational wedding video! Now, I'm off to do pilates!

CURRENT GIVEAWAY: Lovely Graphic and Watercolor Prints from Lona de Anna...Enter Here if you haven't already!

22 comments :

  1. you look gorgeous! love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great dress, way to snatch up two of them :)
    I love finding a way to take care of yourself, of your body, that really connects with you, because it seems like finding exercise that you like is the only way to make it a consistent part of your life. Cheers to pilates for you (and kickboxing for me haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful, sweetie and you look great! I love wearing maxi dresses during summer! Kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that look! You can pull off the maxi dress..I think that's hard to do unless you're a skinny minnie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so gorgeous! And the print is even better close up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors on you..I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress looks adorable on you! I love that color. As for workouts, I love the "Dance with Juliann" videos from Juliann Hough from Dancing with the Stars. It's super fun cardio!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your gown...this color looks beautiful on you! :)
    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the print, you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful pictures....love the dress....look is amazing...

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this dress! I struggle finding longer dresses (I'm 5'1") that don't completely swallow me, but you have motivated me to keep looking. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous summer outfit!!

    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. love EVERYTHING about this outfit! super cute. love the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are just too gorgeous for words Liesl! And I love maxi dresses ESPECIALLY with sleeves. That's a rare find but at least now I know they exist out there :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so stunning, Liesl! :) I love this dress on you! And you always look long & lean but I noticed it especially in this post! That is great that you've rekindled your love for Pilates! It's always something I've been interested in doing it ever since Hilary Duff raved about it a few years ago, hehehe! :) It certainly seems to have amazing effects on the people that do it - both physically and mentally! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. FantƔstico look!! Eres preciosa!!! PƔsate por mi blog y si te gusta nos seguimos.
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love that dress it is perfect. I also love that you are working out please send some of that motivation my way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so beautiful! I love that dress on you, and that oversized ring is beyond amazing xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt