Thursday, November 24, 2011
Happy Thursday & Thanksgiving, Everyone!
I know I don't usually post on Thursdays, but last week I was on Shay's lovely blog The FailteHouse and after seeing her Thankful Thursday post I just knew I wanted to be a part of it, and what better day to try it out than on Thanksgiving!
So, this week she and I have linked up to do our Thankful Thursday post, which consists of everything we are thankful for this week.
I love the idea of this because I think it is always important that no matter what you are going through in life, you remain positive, stay thankful, kind and not bring others down around you just because you might not be having the best day, but build them up. Even more so on a holiday like today!
• My extraordinary parents, family and true friends who continue to build me up, inspire me and always look on the bright side through the ups and downs of life.
• A little Thanksgiving of my very own with friends, complete with appetizers, cheese, turkey, sides, treats and fun drinks, in a lovely Beverly Hills home followed by what will be my first Black Friday shopping experience.
• The truly amazing and supportive friends I have met through blogland and everyone in this wonderful blogging community for their kindness, encouragement, support, willingness to offer a helping hand and unwavering positivity and belief in others.
• Franklyn, an adorable, happy man in his late 70's who happened to cross my path, and our 45 minute chat before saying goodbye as he turned back and said to me, "consider yourself happily met," a phrase I had never heard before, but meant so much and left me feeling more inspired than I have in a long time.
• Jim and Jennifer, whom I consider my 2nd parents, for their extraordinary support, kindness and love this past weekend after inviting me to come stay with them...it was exactly what I needed.
• Being paid a super sweet and meaningful compliment by a stranger who said,"I exude the most beautiful smile, energy, kindness and positivity they had ever seen in their lifetime," all despite going through a not so happy time, but while still trying to be who I am, the only way I know to be.
• The opportunities in 2012 that have recently opened up to me on fronts I am so passionate about, one of which is something I have hoped to do since I was little and is on my bucket list.
• The start to the holiday season with holiday cups at Starbucks, Christmas music, holiday themed movies and specials, peppermint hot chocolate and more.
I hope you all have a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving and kickoff to the holiday season! Good luck if you are braving Black Friday late Thursday night or early Friday morning!
Check back tomorrow for LOTS of savings and discounts to help you save on your holiday shopping whether it be for others or a little something special for yourself! Also, tomorrow is the last day to enter my Poshlocket Necklace Giveaway!