MY PAGES:


Friday, August 3, 2012

LIFE: CMA SONGWRITER'S SERIES FEATURING LITTLE BIG TOWN AT JOE'S PUB IN NYC


Happy Friday, Everyone!!!

As many of you know, who follow me on instagram, I was at Joe's Pub in SoHo on Wednesday night for the CMA Songwriters Series for industry folks, and what a show it was!!!

It featured Grammy, CMT, CMA and ACM award nominated Little Big Town, as well as Natalie Hemby, writer of such hits as, Pontoon recorded by Little Big Town, and White Liar and Baggage Claim recorded by Miranda Lambert, among many others.

She also wrote, Timing Is Everything from Country Strong, which happens to be the song a friend in LA sent me before I left for NYC. I hadn't heard it before, but she thought it was where I was in life and would enjoy it and the lyrics. I had no idea who wrote the song, so, when they sang it at the show, it was a full circle moment for me.

While seated front and center for the show, at a comfy, cushioned, little table surrounded by soft, candlelight, great energy and people, I realized just how lucky I am to have fallen into the job I did, I almost had to pinch myself! :)
Little Big Town at Joe's Pub for the CMA Songwriters Series event.
(images taken using my iPhone 4s)


Little Big Town performing "Boondocks" at CMA Songwriters Series at Joe's Pub in NYC.
(video via my iPhone 4s camera)


The talent, vocals and harmonies of Little Big Town are truly quite something, especially live, it is almost unreal, plus, they are such nice people, down to earth and quite funny too!

Needless to say, I had an amazing time, and felt like a rather lucky girl to have an invite to such a great night! I was always familiar with them and enjoyed their music, but am now a fan of them as people as well!

Check back tomorrow for lots more quotes, and have a Wonderful Weekend ahead!


10 comments :

  1. These are such great pictures! Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it was a great night and show! :)

      Delete
  2. That seems amazing and looks like so much fun! Little Big Town = fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you 100% on Little Big Town! :)

      Delete
  3. So stinking jealous, but you already knew that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My life has been unreal these past few weeks, and I'm loving, and appreciating, every moment! :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great evening. I love country music. I'm going to have to YouTube Little Big Town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Little Big Town! What a great night that must have been. Their harmonies and seamless intertwining of multiple musical influences make for a delicious sound. That first photo you have of the buildings and the "Joe's Pub" sign is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to say thanks to you for this great read!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt