Monday, December 31, 2012
Happy Almost New Year, Fashionable Friends!!!
I came across the below idea here, and decided to create a fun image with the idea on it to post on my blog and spark some creativity in each of you!
I thought this sounded like such a fun project, and way to look back on all the wonderful memories over the year prior, while ringing in a fresh, new year!
• Packed up 9 years of my life in LA and started a new chapter back east.
• Said an official "so long, farewell" to LA LA Land and never looked back.
• Started a new career path and job that is giving me more fulfillment than the old.
• Became 100% confident that a big life decision I made last year was the right one.
• Had a fun road-trip with my extraordinary dad to Purdue University for his meeting.
• Spent a lovely weekend in a fancy NYC hotel sipping champagne and eating well.
• Stopped drinking so much Diet Coke, switched to water and love it.
• Made some new blogland friendships and strengthened some old ones.
• Became more confident in my own skin, which has come with age.
• More fully realized the comfort of an old and lasting friendship.
• Had a yummy Thanksgiving with most of my family in Albuquerque.
• Discovered that airports can bring pleasant surprises and people into your life.
• Enjoyed a drink and refreshing conversation in Chicago, after my flight got re-routed.
• Got to celebrate the magic of NYC around Christmas time once again.
• Saw the Rockettes and 85th Radio City Christmas Spectacular show.
• Rode more trains than I have in years and discovered how enjoyable they can be.
• Laughed so hard while watching my dad blow out battery operated candles for fun.
• Got to see Cirque de Soleil again for the first time since my 13th birthday.
• Received a lifetime supply of my favorite Wrigley's gum.
• Sipped our usual holiday cocktails out of some new, super fun martini glasses.
• Watched Santa feed his reindeer via his webcam and tracked him again via NORAD.
• Got to see the very rare sight of snow falling in Santa Monica, CA.
• Am ringing in 2013 in truly wonderful company while sipping champagne.
• The notion that 2013 is going to be a fantastic year.