MY PAGES:


Saturday, September 6, 2014

SATURDAY SAYINGS: LIFE, A SMILE, TAKING CONTROL AND HAPPINESS


Happy Saturday, Everyone!

The US Open is in full swing, here in NYC, and it seems to have brought the heat and humidity with it! 

Aside from that, life has been going beautifully. Opportunity keeps knocking, and between meeting new, wonderful people and having great conversations, I've continued to learn the importance of listening to instincts and following your heart.

Words that had the greatest influence on me this week were...

"Invest in people who invest in you."  

I often care more about making others happy over myself, which isn't a bad thing, but sometimes you have to make sure you do so for those who truly want to be a part of your life, as not to waste too much energy on those who might not be doing the same for you.  Actions always speak louder than words.

"And now I'll do what's best for me."   

Something I rarely do, especially, since I worry so much about hurting others, and I'll probably do that my whole life.  However, age has taught me this is important when done in a healthy way.  Therefore, what's best for me should never be egotistical, or done in a way that might suggest you think you are better than others.

Side Note: The first smile quote was actually shared by my boss, in one of our daily morning meetings, and is just another reason why I love my job and those with whom I work.  A smile, positivity and genuine support for one another shines brightly, which is rare to find these days.

So, this week's quotes are all about the above, life in general, taking control and steering things in the direction one wishes, gaining happiness, while always remembering the importance of a smile! :)

At the end of the day, I want those in my life to know that they want to be in my life, without question, not just be in it when it is convenient, and to be willing to, in a small way, fight for me.  Just as I would do for those I hold close in my life. Otherwise, it's onward and upward for me.
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)


0 Colorful Comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt