MY PAGES:


Tuesday, May 24, 2016

AFFORDABLE FASHION: REVIVE - FAR MORE THAN YOUR TYPICAL CONSIGNMENT SHOP


Happy Tuesday, Fashionable Friends!

It's no secret that I love a great find at an affordable price.  I truly believe it is not how much you spend, but how you put the pieces together and how they make you feel that makes the difference.

As an actor, once living in Los Angeles, I came across a number of consignment shops.  I enjoyed going inside to see if I could I find something fun and different with a great price attached.  

However, I often found them to be a bit overwhelming, with clothes stuffed on racks, narrow walkways, no real order and a lack of charm, which made for a more stressful than calming retail therapy experience.

That said, I recently stumbled upon Revive, a new consignment shop in Somerville, NJ near where I grew up.  They offer a variety of clothes, shoes, purses, accessories and some home goods.  From the moment I walked inside, my experience was completely different, and I left feeling revived, no pun intended, in regard to my previous consignment shop experiences.

Shopping there feels like shopping in a chic boutique.  You are surrounded by unique displays, wide open aisles, gorgeous exposed brick walls, bright, yet flattering, glow lighting, charming dressing rooms, a cozy sitting area and an overall welcoming vibe from not only the shop, but the staff as well.   

It is owned by Cathie and Brittany, a mother and daughter duo.  The moment you meet them, you know they love what they do and take pride in their space, one in which they should feel proud.

There is no doubt that they want you to get the most out of your experience.  Whether that's finding a new treasure for your wardrobe or dropping off something of your own in hopes of finding it a new home.

Consignment there is super easy and fun!  In fact, I've dropped off a number of my things, as I pare down items in my life and prepare to move into whatever my next chapter may be, and almost all has sold effortlessly, giving me a little side money moving forward, which is always nice to have.

Plus, each time I drop things off, I usually find a new, affordable, even if it's designer, treasure to take home, which always gives a girl a little extra pep in her step! :) 

I was excited to hear that they also host special events, like a recent Wine & Shopping Girl's Night Out, complete with giveaways and goodie bags.  Did somebody say wine? ;)

So, if you ever find yourself in The Garden State, I highly recommend you stop in and even just say, hello. You won't regret it, and I'll bet you find something special that will remind you of your visit.

They kindly allowed me to come in and shoot the space because I wanted to share it with all of you who also love affordable finds. Below, I take you inside for a sneak peek.  Ready?  Let's go! 
WEBSITE     FACEBOOK     INSTAGRAM      CONTACT
Left with this large gold chain statement bracelet for only $8
. . . and each purchase goes inside a cute bag! 

All Images taken with a Nikon D60 and layouts using Revive Logo are by Liesl Ehardt.

2 comments :

  1. Amazing shop. I love consignment store and this one look like treasure land!

    http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/2016/05/african-festival-athens-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is like a treasure land and so well put together and kept! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt