Thursday, April 29, 2010
The adorable and oh so talented, creative and inventive photographer Katie from Color Me Katie posted A Few Random Things About Me Blog a week ago, which I simply loved!
Anywho, I told her that I might just have to follow her lead and do the same, so, here I am with mine! So, after you read some random things about little me, if interested, please hop on over to her vibrant blog world and get ready to smile! :)
2. I smile on a daily basis and one of the hardest things for me to do in life is not smile, in fact, it pains me not to! :)
3. I strongly believe in patience, understanding and kindness, especially with those who may deserve it the least because they are the ones who often need it the most.
4. I have a unique love of Buffalo or Bison and don't really know why, but their massive size intrigues me! LOL!
5. My biggest goal in life is to open my own children's charity foundation and be an active part, not only by providing money to help, but my time and one on one interaction with the children and their families.
6. I have been so fortunate to travel around the world, visiting 49 of the 50 states and 6 of the 7 continents, all by the age 17. It taught me so much, allowed me to experience the cultures and customs of others, which I see true value and importance in, especially at a young age, and I am inspired by travel to this day.
7. I moved to NYC after college during the first week of September in 2001. A short week later, on the 111th, the world changed. I can still see the crystal clear, blue sky and perfect weather that was cast over NYC that morning and hear the the sounds that fell and see the emotions, confusion and more that changed the colorful tone of the Big Apple over the course of the day. However, I also remember how touched I was to see New Yorkers come together quickly, leaving the edge they are often known for at home, to show a softer side.
8. I still miss living in midtown manhattan, in the heart of NYC, and it still feels like home to me when I visit, even though it only was only "home" for 2 lovely years. It offers me a serge of energy and leaves me inspired and motivated each and every time.
9. I have an odd fascination with the mystery of James Dean and love the grace and classic beauty of Audrey Hepburn and all the black and white photography of each of them during that time.
10. I have the most extraordinary parents in the world and the support and love they offer is endless. I often think that if more people could have parents like I have that the world would be a better place.
11. I still sleep and travel with my baby blanket. I don't need it, but there is a sense of calm that I have knowing it is there, similar to the calm I get from freshly washed sheets that still smell like laundry on my bed. I hide it under my pillow, but those close to me know all about it, yes, even my unexpected love! :)
12. I am truly loving being a part of blog world and getting to know all of you out there, especially my Fabulous Followers, and it makes me oh so happy and I want to personally thank each of you! :)
I hope that was as fun for you to read as it was for me to think up and write! Thanks again to Katie for the inspiration and feel free to post your own as well...I love learning new things about each of you! :)
Oh yes, and one more random fact I just thought of and have added after the fact...
I don't have pierced ears, nor have I ever wanted them. So, you will never see me with earrings on and people are always so surprised or assume I have pierced ears! :)