MY PAGES:


Thursday, April 29, 2010

12 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT MOI INSPIRED BY COLOR ME KATIE


The adorable and oh so talented, creative and inventive photographer Katie from Color Me Katie posted A Few Random Things About Me Blog a week ago, which I simply loved!

Anywho, I told her that I might just have to follow her lead and do the same, so, here I am with mine! So, after you read some random things about little me, if interested, please hop on over to her vibrant blog world and get ready to smile! :)


1. I lived in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the U.A.E. (United Arab Emirates) for 3 years growing up. It was one of the best life experiences and is, to this day, still one of my favorite places that I've lived.

2. I smile on a daily basis and one of the hardest things for me to do in life is not smile, in fact, it pains me not to! :)

3. I strongly believe in patience, understanding and kindness, especially with those who may deserve it the least because they are the ones who often need it the most.

4. I have a unique love of Buffalo or Bison and don't really know why, but their massive size intrigues me! LOL!

5. My biggest goal in life is to open my own children's charity foundation and be an active part, not only by providing money to help, but my time and one on one interaction with the children and their families.

6. I have been so fortunate to travel around the world, visiting 49 of the 50 states and 6 of the 7 continents, all by the age 17. It taught me so much, allowed me to experience the cultures and customs of others, which I see true value and importance in, especially at a young age, and I am inspired by travel to this day.

7. I moved to NYC after college during the first week of September in 2001. A short week later, on the 111th, the world changed. I can still see the crystal clear, blue sky and perfect weather that was cast over NYC that morning and hear the the sounds that fell and see the emotions, confusion and more that changed the colorful tone of the Big Apple over the course of the day. However, I also remember how touched I was to see New Yorkers come together quickly, leaving the edge they are often known for at home, to show a softer side.

8. I still miss living in midtown manhattan, in the heart of NYC, and it still feels like home to me when I visit, even though it only was only "home" for 2 lovely years. It offers me a serge of energy and leaves me inspired and motivated each and every time.

9. I have an odd fascination with the mystery of James Dean and love the grace and classic beauty of Audrey Hepburn and all the black and white photography of each of them during that time.

10. I have the most extraordinary parents in the world and the support and love they offer is endless. I often think that if more people could have parents like I have that the world would be a better place.

11. I still sleep and travel with my baby blanket. I don't need it, but there is a sense of calm that I have knowing it is there, similar to the calm I get from freshly washed sheets that still smell like laundry on my bed. I hide it under my pillow, but those close to me know all about it, yes, even my unexpected love! :)

12. I am truly loving being a part of blog world and getting to know all of you out there, especially my Fabulous Followers, and it makes me oh so happy and I want to personally thank each of you! :)

I hope that was as fun for you to read as it was for me to think up and write! Thanks again to Katie for the inspiration and feel free to post your own as well...I love learning new things about each of you! :)

Oh yes, and one more random fact I just thought of and have added after the fact...

I don't have pierced ears, nor have I ever wanted them. So, you will never see me with earrings on and people are always so surprised or assume I have pierced ears! :)

14 comments :

  1. This is great Liesl, you have such a good heart.

    Katie's blog is great, isn't it? One of my fav posts is of her and her hunny surprising her kid brother with an unexpected visit. They video tape the entire thing and it is just so darn cute and funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, Diana, you are so sweet!

    Yes, I love her blog and her photography...so fun!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liesl!

    You sound amazing and what a wonderful privelege in life you have had, that is a true blessing and you have such a pretty smile.

    I am a new follower of your lovely blog.

    *-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. a baby blanket how cute.. just came across your blog so cute!

    Anna Katrina
    http://www.passportglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz - How nice of you to say, thank you...that means a lot and I am so happy that you found me in blog land and are following! I love your blogs as well and am doing the same...too fun!

    Anna - Baby blanket is right! ;) Thanks so much...I'm off to check out your blog now!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was one of my favorite "about me facts" I have read. I love that you smile every single day and make an effort to be the change you wish to see:) You are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm glad I stumbled up on your blog..It's lovely, I really like the your logo on title; looks just like you. Wow, how cool to have gone to all these places..I love traveling also; Can't wait to visit Europe..

    Have a great day..
    TF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog ♥

    How cool is it that you lived in Dubai? 2 of my close friends hail from there. It's one place I would love to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute lil post! You are such a sweetie:-)

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dubai is on my TOP list to visit. That and Thailand! How old were you when you lived there?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved getting to learn more about you :) I'm super envious of all the places you've traveled/lived. How wonderful that you've had the chance to do so much <3

    Also, I totally wanted my family to run a Buffalo ranch when I was little... I couldn't understand why my parents wouldn't get behind the idea! haha

    Hope you have a great weekend Liesl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the world of Color me Katie. And you lived in Abu Dahbi? Oh wow. That's even fun to say I can't image living there!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love learning more about you:)

    jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tangerine Fairy - You are too kind! I am so glad you stumbled upon my site too and that you like it...I created the header to resemble me, but I think she is far more FABULOUS than I! ;)

    Michelle - Dubai and Abu Dhabi are 2 of the places I highly recommend visiting if you ever get the chance and since you have friends from there, they would be able to tell you exactly where to go...too fun and thanks for the sweet comment!

    Mara - Thank you and I too love learning more about you and our world...you seem like such a genuine girl who is beautiful inside and out! :)

    Tamara - Thank You! I hope you are having a Wonderful Weekend too!

    Kelsey - Thailand is beautiful too and I think you would love either and I know you will get there! :) I was in the U.A.E from age 5 to about 8 and went back to visit after high school with my family for a summer! :)

    Angela - Thank you for such a nice comment and I love how you wanted a Buffalo ranch...that is awesome! :) LOL! I Hope you have a great weekend too!!!

    Rachael - As do I...she is wonderful and what she does is so uplifting! You are too cute!!! :)

    Jade - I love learning about you too and I'm so glad people liked this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt