Sunday, May 2, 2010
Happy Sunday, Fabulous Followers and Blog Readers!
As promised, here I am with my light and healthy pasta salad using the leftovers I had from my cranberry, pear and feta salad creation. Therefore, it isn't anything really new and spectacular, but offers another creation idea using similar ingredients and leftovers.
Next healthy food post will be cheese-free for Amy and all you other lactose intolerant lovelies out there...so stay tuned! :)
What you need:
Penne Pasta (or any variety)
Fat-Free Feta Cheese (or something similar)
Fat-Free Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (or any flavor)
Salt and Pepper (optional)
Putting it together:
• Boil pasta noodles to desired softness, drain and rinse with cold water while spinach, with a sprinkle of salt and freshly ground pepper, is sautéing.
• Pour noodles into mixing or storage container/bowl and drizzle fat-free balsamic vinaigrette dressing, with a sprinkle or dash of salt over top, and stir.
• Add sautéed spinach and sprinkles of fat-free feta cheese and cranberries to the pasta.
• Then, drizzle another layer of fat-free balsamic vinaigrette dressing over top, mix and set in refrigerator to cool and absorb flavors.
• After cooled, serve up a portion and enjoy the fresh, light and yummy goodness! :)
Feel free to suggest any other types of simple, healthy dishes you are interested in seeing and I will try to come up with something! Till next time, enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a Marvelous Monday ahead!