MY PAGES:


Saturday, July 31, 2010

A DAY WITH MEERKATS & A BEST FRIEND


Jen, my best friend from college, recently adopted a meerkat through a wonderful organization in Palm Springs that mirrors their true habitat in Africa!

As a part of the adoption and donation she gave she got to spend a day playing with and feeding the meerkats and I was lucky enough to get to tag along, which was quite an experience and we had a really fun time! :)

I thought I would share a few pics from our adventure with all of my fabulous followers and blog readers!

Also, we had to wear closed toed shoes, jeans and a long sleeved shirt that could get messy to play with the meerkats, hence, the lack of any fashion forward wardrobe! ;)


My college best friend Jen and I pose in sunny and hot Palm Springs!

A cute Joshua Tree as we head to see the meerkats!









Meerkat chairs...so cute and they actually sit in them! :)


Overly excited about the meerkats! LOL!






My college best friend Jen and the meerkats!


My yummy salad bar dinner after a fun and successful day!

My divine fruit tart for dessert!


It is rare that you get the chance to be one on one with meerkats, but I had such a fun time watching them try to dig lots of wholes, which is instinct for them and run around playing, but am so happy to have gotten such a lovely opportunity!

It takes, time, money and lots attention and love to keep these meerkats living long, healthy lives out of their natural habitat, but those who are left unwanted are given a wonderful home here and the director of it, Pam, is simply wonderful, full of knowledge and love for this little ones and if you want to find out more, donate or adopt, you can stop by their website at FellowEarthlings.org.

Thanks so much for the continue support and stopping by and I will be back soon with another fun picture show and fashion post!

4 comments :

  1. Lucky you! Those Meerkats seem to be even cuter in person than on tv..you have the best friend ever. That is truly an experience you'll never forget...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww how adorable are those photos...I love love love those....!!!! Its so nice of your friend to adopt them:)

    Kisses sweetie and see you soon:)

    Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this?!!

    I had no idea meerkats required so much attention to survive out of their natural habitat. I will check out the link.

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your Disneyland photos...but I couldnt leave a comment there....so I will here!!!

    I hope that is ok:)

    Kisses,sweetie and have a great time:)

    Ps: I am having a really great GIVEAWAY today…hint?(something you can wear) so please join in !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt