MY PAGES:


Monday, October 18, 2010

QUELF: AN EVENING OF ENDLESS SILLINESS AND LAUGHS


Happy Monday, Lovelies!

On Saturday night, some friends and I got together at my little apt. for an evening of fun, festive fall food and drinks while playing Quelf, a board game that you just have to play to fully understand.

I have not laughed so hard in some time and half of us seriously fell out of our chairs with laughter throughout the night! It is one of the quirkiest, funniest and most random board games you will probably every play...kind of makes you wonder if someone was high while creating it! ;)

Anywho, we laughed so hard for hours of fun that anyone can play, which makes it fun...just wait to see the things it might make you do and I just dare you to try not to laugh! LOL! :)

Here are pictures from our evening Quelfing, as we put it, and all the silliness and laughs that ensued....

My fall bar area with leaves left over from my sister's wedding last year.

Fall napkins, cookbook and pumpkin from the $1 spot at Target!

Fall plates and table cloth all from the $1 spot at Target!

My coffee table filled with fall candy and leaves.

I used some leopard print martini glasses that I had as candy holders.

Fall Peanut and Peanut Butter M&M's.

Carmel Apple and Candy Corn Hershey Kisses.

Candy Corn.

My turkey...given to me by mom marvelous mother.

White chocolate pumpkin spice specialty drink we created for the evening.

Friends helping bake.

Prosciutto, caramelized onions and goat cheese pastry puffs.

Some of the spread with a veggie tray, spinach artichoke dip and a cream cheese salsa.

More of the spread with red velvet cookies, pumpkin bars, pumpkin and apple pie.

My shoe pie server given to me by my fabulous friend and one time college roommate for my birthday.

Red velvet cookies.

My baked brie and apricot in a puff pastry...I LOVE brie, so, this is always a must!

Time to play some Quelf and for the real fun to begin!

Quelf!


The Quelf characters are hilarious!






I was not allowed to bend any body parts through lots of the game...so, I thought standing like a barbie was my best bet and some others had to act like weeping willows while singing sad movie themes! LOL!



Meet Mr. Lugnuts aka our player for the game...told you the characters were odd!

Still can't bend any limbs!

No limb bending while clapping together.

Aileen and Amber had to sit on their hands and could not make eye contact for lots of the game!

Marvelous Mary had to go sit under the kitchen table.

Aileen had to be a photographer and shout out different sayings in an accent.

Prepping to be a pilot, co-pilot while the flight attendant mimes all we are saying as we go through the in flight safety.


Enjoying some brie yumminess.


So, there you have it! Endless fun and silliness, which you really have to be there to fully understand and capture, but I promise you will laugh!

I would love to hear if any of you have heard of or played Quelf before and what you think! So, leave me your experiences with it in the comment section or just share some other oh so fun and fabulous games! :)

8 comments :

  1. This looks like so much fun!
    Makes me want a girl's night in!
    I have never heard of this game - it looks very funny though! I may have to check it out sometime.
    All the decorations are so lovely and the food looks delicious - everything is so simple, yet beautiful! :)
    PS: Thanks as always for stopping by the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of it but it looks hilarious!! Have you ever played "Loaded Questions"? that is also funny =)
    ~ Village

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much fun!! all those treats look delicious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table looks so gorgeous! The food looks amazing too!

    Looks like you had a fab time!

    www.a--style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this game but it looks like so much fun!! It's always great to be able to have a girls night!

    All the decor looks so festive! And the food looks amazing!! Practically every picture of food got my mouth watering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! those cheesepuffs look sooooo goooooood! i want them!!!
    Do you have the recipe!?!?!

    I love the decorations! So festive, and it really put me in the mood for peanut butter m&ms!!!!

    Looks like a great night :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of the game..but I do want it now. Sounds like an awesome girls night out!!~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt