MY PAGES:


Saturday, July 16, 2016

TRAVEL DIARY: CROSS-COUNTRY ROAD TRIP - DAY 2


Happy Saturday, Everyone!

Day 2 of my road trip took me from Toledo, Ohio to Beloit, Wisconsin in the Badger State.

It was a truly beautiful day and so, even though I come from a Purdue University family, we stopped to see Notre Dame, Purdue's rival school, in South Bend, Indiana. I have to say, it's one of the most beautiful campuses I've seen and glad I got to visit. 

From there, we ran into quite a bit of traffic and road closures, but once we made it to Wisconsin headed to meet up with my uncle, cousins and some family for dinner at Foley's Irish Woods in Lake Geneva, which is such a charming area on the water.

I've come to truly believe that the Midwest has some of the most beautiful cloud formations and sunsets over wide open space in the United States.  They are so calming, colorful, wispy and lovely.

Below are pictures from my second day on the road, tomorrow we head to my mother's birth state, South Dakota. Enjoy! :)
My reusable Starbucks cup, from my older sister, is coming in handy on this road trip, love it! 

Turquoise Blue & Mint Green Maxi Skirt: Forever 21 = $18.90  /  Gold Bangles: Forever 21 = $6.90  /  Gold Feather Cuff Bracelet (similar) Lulu's = $12  /  18k Gold & Mint Green Stone Bracelet: The Beehive Fairfield = Gift  /  XOXO Cup: Starbucks = Gift  /  Nail Polish: Sally Hansen 'Shell We Dance' Pro Gel Nail Polish
Did somebody say Happy Hour?!? Oh, wait, it's too early. Ha! ;)
Day 2 morning travel reading of the Toledo City Paper on the road in Ohio.
On I-80 W heading from Ohio to Wisconsin. 
Golden dome on Notre Dame's beautiful campus . . . Hiii, Regis Philbin! ;)
Beautiful sunset after dinner in Beloit, Wisconsin.
Sun officially saying, "goodnight" over Beloit, Wisconsin.

ALL of the above images by Liesl Ehardt unless otherwise noted.

2 comments :

  1. Boiler up! But a great post in spite of the ND love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purdue will always be number one in my heart! 😍

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt