MY PAGES:


Monday, July 25, 2016

TRAVEL DIARY: SOUTH DAKOTA - WALL DRUG AND DEADWOOD


Happy Monday, Blogland!

After time in Chamberlain, South Dakota, we headed through the Badlands and Rapid City, home of South Dakota School of Mines where my uncle went, before making it to downtown Deadwood for the night. 

On the way we stopped at Wall Drug, which is a must see stop for anyone driving through South Dakota. I've been stopping there since I was little and though very touristy, it's still fun, and you'll be sure to find any souvenir you might need. 

Then, it was onto Deadwood, I've been there as well, but they have really spruced it up since my last visit and it was a nice time. We had the most incredible dinner at Legend's Steakhouse in the Silverado Franklin Hotel

Our waitress, Cassie, provided some of the best, top notch service I've ever had, even compared to top NYC and LA restaurants. She was delightful, classy, professionally and full of personality and truly made our experience one to remember.  The filet I had was, hands down, the best piece of steak I have ever had and as smooth as butter, divine! It went perfectly paired with a bottle of the 

A bit of a storm and rain rolled in, but the small town was still charming, and full of character, with the street lamps and reflections in the pavement glistened from the rain. I highly recommend you stop by if you are ever in the area and be sure to see at Legend's Steakhouse!

Now, onto pictures from my drive to Deadwood, dinner and evening downtown.
Exploring Wall Drug, which is always a fun stop when I'm in South Dakota.
Caught another cold and was suffering from a sore throat, so, I picked up a banana milkshake at Wall Drug, it was delish!
Recipe for a Badlands Mule, similar to a Moscow Mule.
Driving into downtown Deadwood, South Dakota.
Legend's Steakhouse located inside of The Franklin Hotel.
Franklin Hotel front entrance.
Shared a delish bottle of Queen's Peak Wine over dinner, I started with a caesar salad.
The BEST steak I have ever had with a side of green beans and potatoes au gratin, truly delish!
Even in the rain downtown Deadwood has a unique charm.
I lived by Wall. St. when I lived in NYC, here is Wall St. in Deadwood, South Dakota.

ALL of the above images by Liesl Ehardt unless otherwise noted.

0 Colorful Comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt