MY PAGES:


Saturday, September 3, 2016

TRAVEL DIARY: GRAND JUNCTION, COLORADO TO PARK CITY, UTAH


Happy Saturday, Everyone!

After a lovely two weeks in Aspen, the town that quickly became my new favorite place, our next stop on the road trip west was Grand Junction, Colorado.  It is a small town, but their main street and variety of restaurants is pretty impressive!

While there I found another buffalo, just not a real one, but this one was pretty cool made entirely out of hubcaps.  I would love a miniature version of this buffalo as a home decor or home office piece in a champagne gold or golden tone.


That evening we ate at a fantastic Italian restaurant called il Bistro Italiano, the food and service was wonderful.  I tried Two Rivers Cabernet, a local Grand Junction, Colorado wine, and it was divine! 

As an appetizer, we split some of their calamari, and then, I enjoyed their lemon chicken for my main. What I loved about this spot is that they offered a small and large portion of most of their main entrees, which was fantastic, especially, while traveling and not able to take leftovers home.  You can enjoy a meal without wasting much food, if any.

Then, it was off to Park City, Utah, where my aunt and uncle live. The drive was filled with pretty rock formations and beautiful bushes and trees that almost made you feel as though you were in a vineyard.

Once at my aunt and uncle's home, we had a lovely home cooked dinner paired with some truly great wine, and I slept so soundly that night that it left me energized for the rest of the road trip ahead.  

Enjoy, and I hope you are all having a fun Labor Day weekend! :)
I'll pose with any buffalo, especially, until I get near a real one up close.

Black Top: TJ Maxx = $12.99  /  Black Strappy Bralette: Forever 21 = $4.80  /
Maxi Skirt: Forever 21 = $17.80  /  Long Gold Bar Necklace: LuLu's = $12  /
Gold Tote Bag: Victoria's Secret = FREE Gift with Purchase
This buffalo was made completely out of hubcaps, very cool!
Bread served with a roasted red pepper butter spread at il Bistro Italiano.
Decided to try a local Cabernet Sauvignon from Grand Junction, CO and went with the
Two Rivers selection and it was divine! 
Calamari to start served alongside a garlic parmesan dip, which paired beautifully.
Had the small portion of lemon chicken served with roasted red peppers and onions and
oh so yummy garlic mashed potatoes as my main dish.
On the road in Colorado almost to the Utah border.
Beautiful layered rock formations at every turn.
Had a refreshing Palisade Peach as a snack that I purchased at the Saturday Market in Aspen.
We made it to Utah!
Pretty bushes with small grape sized purple berries grow wild in Utah.
Feels a bit like being at a vineyard. 
Photo Credit: Fun guy on a his skateboard passing by.

With my parents, aunt and uncle outside their lovely home in Park City, UT.

Grey Maxi Dress: Forever 21 = $12.90  /  Cream Jacket: Charlotte Russe = $14.99  /
Long Grey Natural Stone Necklace: Corn Palace Gift Shop in South Dakota  /
'Brooklyn Height' Sunglasses: Francesca's = $14

ALL of the above images by Liesl Ehardt unless otherwise noted.


2 comments :

  1. Gorgeous outfit and images!

    http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/2016/09/movie-date-night-outfit.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt