MY PAGES:


Friday, February 25, 2011

LOOK 4 LESS: RED CARPET FASHIONS


Happy Friday!!!

Being award season and all, and with the Oscars just around the corner, I think people are looking at lots of pretty, fancy, long evening gowns!

So, I though I would post a couple dresses worn by stars on the red carpet and offer a very similar look, which allows you to copy their look, at a more affordable price!

I have been a big Claire Danes fan since her days on the popular, yet short lived, ABC show "My So-Called Life!" I also happen to be a fan of the beautiful, simple, coral dress by Calvin Klein that she wore to the Golden Globes this year.

CLAIRE DANES RED CARPET LOOK:


Dress by: Calvin Kelin
Event: Golden Globes 2011

CLAIRE DANES LOOK 4 LESS:


Dress by: After Six (style #6613)
Price: $185.00

While looking at red carpet fashions online, the vibrant blue dress that Jessica Alba wore to the 2011 Orange British Academy Film Awards caught my eye. There is really no way to perfectly match the stunning color and fabric, but I found something that offers a similar look in the same color family!

JESSICA ALBA RED CARPET LOOK:


Dress by: Atelier Versace
Event: Orange British Academy Film Awards 2011

JESSICA ALBA LOOK 4 LESS:


Dress by: Dressy Collection (style #2835)
Price: $183.00

Anywho, I've added this as a new section to my blog called the "Look 4 Less" under the tab at the top and shall continue to do posts in if you like them! So, let me know what you think and if you want more posts like this!

...or send me a picture of a look you like and I'll see if I can find it for less! I love a good challenge! :)

Side Notes: A sincere, "Thank You" to the lovely Katie from "Love is Everywhere" for her super sweet words about me on her blog...it means so much! :)

Oh and check out this great story and touching video about a lost wallet returned 40 years later...love it!!!

23 comments :

  1. love love that claire dane dress, and jessica alba - she's gorgeous no matter what she wears, but that electric blue dress is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I can't wait to see more of these posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love My So Called Life! So funny:-)

    Love that pink dress, sooo pretty.

    Have a fab weekend hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! i am so glad you followed me b/c I clicked your page closed on accident when I was finding this link for you! I love that you posted more affordable options of red carpet looks! Since I love me some vintage, here is a vintage version of the pink dress!
    i just searched on etsy for 'vintage pink dress'!

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/61736270/vintage-60s-pink-bow-gown-xs

    great blog & I am glad we are following each other!
    xoxoMB

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the blue dress!! such a beautiful color. thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Jessica Alba dress!! Such great ideas to post the ideas you can get for less!! Love this feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pink dress...great idea! Lovely blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those dresses are cute! I especially love Claire Danes :) I think that's a great idea to find similar dresses for less. You rock girl!

    xoxo
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your blog is so stylish, I love it!! I followed and will definitely be back. P.S. I was obsessed with My So Called Life, lol :)
    www.TheMcMommyDiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHhhh cute! I love that Claire Danes look alike dress better I think:)
    PS Thanks for voting for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! You did some mad research! Those are amazing matches! And both of those dresses are fabulous! I can understand why you love them! That pink one is so classic!

    Thanks for sharing! And commenting on my blog even though I was too busy to write back until now! haha You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oo the blue dress is gorgeous...now to find an occasion that would warrant it's purchase

    Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
  13. claire danes looks SO gorgeous in that pink gown. i love her.

    and i love the look for less idea! sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh I loved that pink/melon dress on claire danes! so so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all these gorgeous dresses..love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the colors in the gowns are amazing. That is awesome that Katie wrote about you. You are pretty awesome.

    Write it in lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there!!!!!!!
    what amazing blog!!!!!!!!!
    if you want we could follow each others, let us know...
    XOXO Francesca&Ingrid

    http://2befab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is such a great idea Liesl!! I love your more affordable finds and your Look 4 Less posts!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are amazing looks, and so feminine!


    Fashezine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post! All these dresses are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! Great look alikes! Thank you for stopping by our blog.

    xoxo
    TheChicBurrow

    Thechicburrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this! Great look alikes! Thank you for stopping by our blog.

    xoxo
    TheChicBurrow

    Thechicburrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt