MY PAGES:


Friday, October 7, 2011

AFFORDABLE ALTERNATIVE: LISA TAUBES LINK CHAIN NECKLACE


Happy, Happy Friday, Lovelies!!!

Many of you have commented how much you like my Lisa Taubes Gold Link Chain Necklace worn as a bracelet by simply wrapping it around my wrist multiple times, which I last sported here, and was made popular by Lorraine on YouTube, I have also gotten a number of compliments when wearing it out, but realize it is not super affordable, which is what my blog is all about!

Recently, while shopping the new dress arrivals at Shabby Apple online, I came across one of their new Gold Long Circle Necklaces that resembles the Lisa Taubes one I currently own, which was given to me as a Christmas gift from my unexpected love and faincé.

Anywho, I immediately thought of all of you who like it, and wanted to share it with you because it makes for a more affordable alternative at half the price...oh and it comes in silver too! So, I decided to start a new feature on this blog titled "Affordable Alternatives," which will feature popular designer items at a more reasonable price!

Please feel free to send me things you like, but wish weren't so expensive, and I'll try to find a similar alternative for you! This blog is about bringing you, my fashionable friends, useful, affordable ideas and options while also getting your creative juices flowing with inspiration from time to time.

OK, here we go...


38" Long Gold Circle Necklace
Price: $40.00

38" Long Silver Circle Necklace
Price: $40.00


Ultimately, I know money is tight for many people, especially in this economy, and like I always say, it is how you put a look together, not the price tag attached to it, which I truly believe! I also always try to show how you can mix a bunch of affordable pieces with a designer piece in order to still make a complete look not break the bank!

That said, I don't want to take away from the design, quality and beauty of the Lisa Taubes Link Chain Necklace because it is quite a piece and 14kt gold fill, plus I love mine dearly! However, this offers an affordable alternative and allows you to create a similar look with another lovely piece of jewelry...I might just have to get one in silver!

I'm off to see the new Ryan Gosling movie "Ides of March" tonight with my friends for our usual Friday girl's movie night and dinner! Check back on Monday for more affordable online fashions for Fall, and have a fun-filled, exciting weekend ahead!

6 comments :

  1. Both necklaces look gorgeous. Always great to find a bargain, and its almost identical. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well isn't that just the prettiest necklace ever? :) Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea of yours. That necklace is so pretty. A young lady at church had on a necklace similar to that. Another older lady - 90+ - admired it. I guess good taste is timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty!! Thanks for sharing!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's nice to have a girl's Friday night movie...wish u a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt